Monday, April 19

Spring blossoms

On Elle: Glasses: Urban, Dress: DIY, Tights: Target, Shoes: Urban
On Jay: Button-up: Urban, Jeans: H&M, Shoes: Urban Outfitters


I once went through a summer of wearing muumuus. Horrified, right? Honestly I don't get why they have such a bad rep; open, breezy and comfortable. Maybe it's the whole 'you-look-like-you're-wearing-a-giant-bag' thing they emit.. Yeah, that's probably why. Although I am mostly over that phase, I still find myself making regular purchases of them as they are perfect for refashions. This particular one was full length, long sleeved, and about 10 sizes too large for me; more than enough fabric to play around with. After a little bit of vertical pleating, and a lot of taking in I'm left with a cute little sea shell polka dotted perfect for the summer.

Jay seemed to be feeling the summer vibes too, as the weather is so close to those perfect days where you only need to be wearing a t-shirt and are neither hot nor cold. Combined with a new shoe color (he is trying so many new colors lately, I'm so proud), it has me yearning to go to the beach, build sandcastles, and drink ice tea. However, I seem to be getting a little ahead of myself since we haven't even had our first spring picnic!

13 comments:

  1. Both of your outfits are so cute and perfect for spring! I love how you reconstructed that dress and his blue shoes. Adore that close up picture of you - what lipstick are you wearing?

    http://shoesfordessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color I'm wearing is 'lindsay':
    http://www.cargocosmetics.com/product_44.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. you both look great! I love the dress with the glasses! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on that dress! I wish I could sew like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep! You too are so cute! I am loving your blog. It is being added to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the polka dot dress. Incredible--you're such a talent!

    sarahnoelslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress is great! you made it wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that from far away the dress looks like big white polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is so so cute!
    http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look amazing! I ♥ your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elle, you look super gorgeous. I love that dress. Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both look great! Love how ur blog is filled with love, hehe.

    ReplyDelete