Wednesday, June 23

past & the present







Whenever I think about the summer J & I met I think of long car drives in the blazing heat with the windows rolled down, beach boys playing on the radio, and trying to get Jay out his his shell and sing along with me while placing my dirty ash-brown soled feet on the dashboard. After a few nights of no-sleep talking sessions and early morning breakfasts we went on our first real date, a picnic.

Nothing reminded me more of those days than when we went to Discovery Park for a hike and a picnic last Sunday. After trekking through a never ending blanket of evergreen trees (with only patches of sky peeking through the tops), flatted grass pathways in sweeping fields, and an inlet of clean white sand dotted with playing children we reached our cliff-topped edge for a view of the Puget Sound. Thanks to a change in weather (supplying us with the perfect sunny day) and an amazing wedding gift from our friends (picnic set complete with a blanket, utensils, napkins, & glasswares) we got to enjoy our made-from-scratch strawberry lemonade during the temporary break in the clouds.

4 comments:

  1. so down to earth :)
    love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a good wedding gift. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so sweet. love this.xx
    Love
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, what can I say? You are wonderful, sweet, adorable, cool... well, perfect actually. Adore the way this post captures summer in just a few words. I just started a blog myself and I'd be honoured to hear what you think about it. Ohh and, would it be al right for you if I'd write a little piece about you in my following 'thing that make me smile- list'? I'd love to introduce you to my readers. :D lovelovelove your blog, I'm following. xx
    love, and have a great summer,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete